Advice for travellers returning from China
All you need to know to protect yourself and your family
An outbreak of Novel Coronavirus is on-going in China and exported cases have been reported from other countries internationally.Coronaviruses cause illness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)-CoV and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome(SARS-CoV).
What are the symptoms?
Fever, Cough, Difficulty in breathing are common symptoms
How to protect yourself and others from getting sick?
If you have recently travelled to China (within last 14 days) or had possible contact with an nCoVinfected person, it is advised to:
- Stay in home isolation for 14 days after your return
- Sleep in a separate room
- Limit contact with other family members and avoid visitors
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms (maintain a distance of at least 1 meter from any individual)
- Everyone at home should maintain hand hygiene at all times and wash hands:
- After sneezing or coughing
- When caring for sick
- Before, during and after you prepare food
- Before eating
- After toilet use
- When hands are dirty
- After handling animals or animal waste
- In case you develop fever, cough or difficulty in breathing anytime within 28 daysof return from China:
- Call at Ministry of Health, Govt. of India’s control room no +91-11-2397 8046 for further information
- Wear a mask immediately and report to nearest medical facility as advised
- Do not panic