Spread the love

[03/07, 14:15] Dinesh: Three persons were electrocuted to death in Kodiya camp area of Kotdwar in the early hours of Tuesday after live electric wires from a pole came in contact with the floodwater in one of the victim’s house.
According to officials, water from a nearby overflowing rivulet had entered the slum settlement, leaving many residents trapped inside their houses. The victims identified as —Ranjeet Singh (30), Sagun Kumar (22), and Arun Kumar (28) — suffered an electric shock while they were wading through the three-to-four feet high floodwater in their house in a bid to save their household items from getting washed away. While the house belonged to Ranjeet, Sagun and Arun were his tenants
[03/07, 14:15] Dinesh: On receiving information of the incident, a team from Kotdwar police station, along with the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) reached the spot for rescue operations. All three men were rushed to a nearby hospital in a critical condition. However, they succumbed to their injuries during treatment. Officials said that the live wires which electrocuted the trio were loosened from an electric pole just outside their house.
[03/07, 14:16] Dinesh: Speaking to udaen sub-inspector Pradeep Negi, Kotdwar police station, said, “Following all-night-long downpour, water from an overflowing rivulet entered almost 40 to 50 houses in the colony on its bank. In one of the houses, electric wires touched the water, causing the mishap.”


Spread the love

By udaen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *